If you are a person who is considering buying or selling real estate and you are considering engaging us as your professional consultant, you are unique. You realize a few things that most others just don’t get. It’s not their fault, they simply have yet to take off their blinders. A sampling of what you get that they don’t is:
- As a seller, you realize that your property is worth what a qualified buyer is willing to pay for it in the time frame within which you want to sell it, nothing more, noting less.
- As a buyer, you realize that your Dad was indeed correct when he said location was the key to a solid real estate investment. That the house itself is secondary because it will become your home after you move in and make it so.
- As a seller, you realize that the process of listing your house has become a commodity that needs to be properly exposed to the online community. The broker itself is irrelevant because they add no value.
- As a buyer, you realize that the real estate professional you choose to represent you must be two things only – competent and trustworthy. Competency comes from transactional experience. Trustworthiness must be demonstrated through a prior relationship or a referral from a trusted friend/associate.
- As a seller, you recognize that price and condition will determine how quickly your house sells. There are ALWAYS buyers in the market and you are competing with all the other sellers. Your product needs to be more attractive or you lose.
- As a buyer, you realize that the perfect house does not exist. You must prioritize your needs and wants and be willing to compromise on all things other than location.
- As a seller or buyer, you realize that the professional you select to represent you becomes your partner in a major transaction. With what broker that person elects to hang their shingle is not relevant to you. You must trust that your partner made the best choice for them. The only relevant factors are that they are competent based on transactional volume and that they are honest with you in everything, even when it is necessary to deliver news that will be tough to hear.
If you are considering one of our affiliates to represent you, all of these bullet points are evident. We appreciate your wisdom and perspective and wish you Godspeed in your endeavor, whether buying or selling.